To help myself use up makeup instead of bringing more in, was to start a Rolling Project 5 Pan, something I originally saw on CuriousSparkles‘ youtube channel (Seriously, check her out! She’s amazing!).
So on the first of the year I started my project and I intend for it to go all the way through 31 Dec 2017, if not longer! In this project you choose 5 items and work towards a goal (finish them, hit pan, whatever you like) and once you hit that goal you swap out the product for another. It helps to keep things fresh and it has helped me not get bored with my seasonal projects.
This is my February update, and like with my Finish 7 By Spring update I will quickly run through the products that were in this project previously and then update on the current products.
I hope you enjoy & let’s get started!
The products that were in this project that I have finished/hit my goal on:
- Wet ‘n Wild “Brûlée” single (hit pan) – 13 Jan 2017
- Becca Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfecter mini in “Opal” – 5 Jan 2017
- Anastasia Dip Brow in “Chocolate” (hit glass) – 11 Jan 2017
- Marc Jacobs Lip Liner mini in “Primrose” – DECLUTTERED 11 Feb 2017
- EOS “Sweet Mint” Smooth Stick – 25 Feb 2017
The products that are currently in this pan are:
- Benefit “Gimme Brow” in # 3 sample ($12 Ulta, Sephora– travel size; $24 Ulta Sephora-full size)
- This is almost done! I can tell that it is definitely drying out. I’ve had it open since November of last year (I think). I got it as a 100 point perk, pretty good sample size I gotta say.
- Makeup Forever “Smoothing” primer sample (Sephora – $37 full size $17 travel size)
- I swear, this primer, this tiny little primer that came with a foundation sample, will out live me. I have been using this every day I’ve worn makeup since the middle of last October. OCTOBER!!!! And there’s still quite a bit left. I will be so happy when this is done!
- Buxom Full On Lip Cream in “White Russian” ($20 – Ulta, Sephora)
- I have been using this consistently, although it hasn’t been my main focus. It is the oldest gloss I have and that’s why its in this project. I think with regular use it will be done in a month, maybe a month and a half – just in time to switch to a more Spring(y) color. The first little mark is where I started and the second is where I am now.
- Urban Decay “Naked 2” eyeshadow from the Naked Basics palette (hit pan) ($29 – Ulta, Sephora)
- Giant dip…no pan. I’ve been using it for about a month and a half- I started working on it on 13 Jan. I think by the next update there will be pan showing! Which is exciting!
Since I have finished up one item (the EOS lip balm) I am going to start working on my NARS “Dolce Vita” lipstick ($28 – Sephora). I believe this is my oldest lipstick, I think I bought it in March of last year and I’ve used about half of it, and it’s just time to finish it off. It’s super sheer and is more of a tinted lip balm than a lipstick. Which will make it easier to pan. I’m estimating two months of daily use and it’ll be done, maybe before that! And it looks really pretty paired with my Buxom gloss!
Here’s my starting point:
I did mark it in my notebook but I couldn’t get a good photo of the two next to each other!
Well that’s all for now!
Until next time!
~Chic & Classy Fashion