Long time no see! Sorry I’ve been MIA for such a long time but I got super busy with school and life in general!
Anyway… in the last month or so I’ve been sort of over whelmed with the amount of makeup I have… and how much of it I really don’t care for. Does anyone else get a kind of sick feeling in their stomach when they’ve bought something and a month later realize that the color isn’t right or you just aren’t using it?
I’ve decided to stop my impulse buying of makeup at the drugstore and at Ulta/Sephora. Instead, I am going to work on using up what I have and what I’d like to see gone from my collection.
After spending hours on instagram looking at#project10pan accounts, I really got inspired to try the challenge. So I went through my collection and found 10 items that are in the process of being used up or that I need to start using more.
From left to right:
- NYX “Love In Paris” Eye Shadow Palette – Madelines & Macaroon
- Maybelline “Fit Me!” concealer – 10 Ivory
- Maybelline “The Rocket Volume” Waterproof Mascara – Very Black
- Clinique “Almost Powder Makeup” – 01 Fair
- Stila “All Over Shimmer Duo” – Kitten (Sample Size)
- NYC “Sunny Bronzer” – 720A Sunny
- Aerin “Pretty Bronze Illuminating Powder” – Level 01
- Tarte Blush – Daydream (Limited Edition)
- NYX “Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer” – CJ01 Porcelain
- Lorac “Behind the Scenes Eye Primer” (Sample Size)
And to my surprise… I’ve already hit pan on one of them (the Clinique powder)!
If you aren’t familiar with the challenge, you pick 10 items or so and give yourself a period of time to either use them up or hit pan and them.
I’ve chosen to do both since I doubt that I will use up an entire eye shadow palette anytime soon.
I’m giving myself from today (31 October 2015) to 1 January 2016 to hit pan on at least one shadow, the powder foundation, the blush, and the Aerin bronzer.
In that same window I want to finish the eye primer, the concealer, and the mascara (the mascara will be easy since you have to replace it every three months and I got it at the beginning of September).
I will up date here weekly on my progress and I hope that I can encourage you all to take on the challenge and use what you have!
Until next time!
~Chic & Classy Fashion